How to Install TWRP Samsung Galaxy J7 SM-J710F
PHONESTIPS – J-series smartphones are Samsung’s top selling phones ever. It’s previously been a year since Samsung launched J7 2016 and Recent reports of Q2 2017 reveal that Samsung J7 2016 remains to be the fourth most selling Android smartphone. The popularity of one-year-old model reflects the trust, support, superiority Samsung’s offerings.
Samsung J7 2016 is powered by 5.5inch Display, Exynos 7870 Octa-core processor, 3GB Ram, Expandable storage and 3300 mAh battery. Rooting unlocks many hidden functionalities and give a chance to tweak performance and life of the battery of your smartphone. If you are a novice to the world of rooting, visit this page to understand more about unlocking and rooting an Android device. If you are accustomed to rooting, then continue with us to recognise how to install TWRP and Root Samsung J7 2016.
Caution: This guide should be followed only by users of Samsung Galaxy J7 (2016 version only). So, Please confirm the model: SM- J710F before proceeding with the steps mentioned below.
1. Odin Download.
2. TWRP File Download.
3. SuperSu zip Download.
4. USB Driver Samsung Download
5. Unlocking will erase everything present about the device. So please backup your device data before proceeding steps below.
6. Make guaranteed to charge your device upto 60% in order to avoid any low battery issue during the process.
7. Enable developer options and OEM Unlock: Go to Settings ⇨ About Phone ⇨ Tap on Build Number 7 times until it says “You’re now a Developer”. Now go back to Settings ⇨ Developer Options ⇨ Enable USB Debugging & OEM Unlock.
Steps Install TWRP in Samsung J7 (2016) via Odin
1. Download and extract the Odin zip file, then install USB Samsung driver on your PC.
2. Turn off your device and then press and hold Power, Home and Volume down buttons to boot into Download Mode.
3. Now open folder Odin, then twice click on Odin.exe. After that connect your device with USB cable.
4. You should see a box in up left lighting up blue, log on left saying Added.
5. Select AP slot on apps Odin and then select the tar file of TWRP.
6. Uncheck the Auto Reboot in the options and then start the installing process.
7. On successful completion, apps odin will displays writing Pass.
8. Now in TWRP ask you for allowing modification, You must swipe to allow changes or the OS will replace TWRP recovery once you reboot your device.
9. Next, continue with the rooting process below.
Steps Rooting Samsung Galaxy J7 SM-J710F 2016
1. Transfer the Supersu zip file to SD Card your device.
2. Reboot your device to TWRP recovery with using key combinations VOLUME UP – HOME – POWER , in condition device turn off.
3. In the TWRP menu, tap on Install and search and Select the Supersu zip file.
4. Then swipe to the right to start the install process.
5. Wait up to completion, then Wipe Dalvik/Cache.
6. Next, remove usb cable from PC and Reboot your device by long pressing the power button. Alternatively, remove and reinsert the battery, then restart.
7. Don’t interrupt the boot process, give some time for the first boot.
That’s it. If you followed every step correctly, your device should be rooted by now. You can check the root permissions by using any app requiring root/ Root checker apps.