Root and Install TWRP Recovery in Lenovo A6000/Plus on Lollipop
PHONESTIPS.COM – One in the most powerful budget smartphone, Lenovo A6000 and Lenovo A6000 Plus received Android Lollipop 5.0.2 on 4th September. While many on the users usually are not much pleased with the update the way it ultimately made the unit slower & reduced life cycle of battery. But, you could fix lots of this issues by rooting your device.
Features of rooting
- Boost your Phone speed & Battery Life.
- Remove Preinstalled crapware like System Apps.
- Remove Bloatwares, Apps like Facebook, Chrome Keep sucking your Ram & battery by running in background So, Among the smartphone geek crowd, applications honestly are generally known as “bloatware:” they actually nothing but bloat it by existing as unnecessary applications.
- Tweak your phone like : Increase Video streaming speed, Increase Wifi Speed, Increase SIM detecting Speed, Increase SD read/write speed.
- Most Important & Best part, Install Custom Kernel & Custom ROMS ( I will explain over it in Installing Custom ROM section Custom ROM section )
Note: This method is tested with Lenovo A6000 & A6000 Plus running on Android lollipop 5.0.2 & seen to be working 100%. Keep in mind, Rooting voids your device’s warranty. Please you could make your mind before following any from the steps mentioned below.
➧ Lenovo A6000, charged up to 50%.
➧ A USB Cable Lenovo A6000.
➧ Tools required: Download (Contains ADB, fastboot, supersu, custom recovery)
➧Update [16/12/15]: Download latest Material design TWRP Recovery 220.127.116.11 & replace this recovery with recovery.img in the downloaded Tool folder.
How to Install TWRP Recovery in Lenovo A6000 / Plus:
1. Connect your Lenovo A6000 or A6000 Plus to your PC by enabling USB Debugging mode from Developer options in Settings. If you can’t find the developer options, Go to Settings ➤ About Phone ➤ Device Information. Tap 7 times on the Build Number. Now you can find the developers options in Settings.
2. After connecting, Select USB Storage device (Open USB Storage).
3. Extract the tools required files. Copy SuperSU.zip from the zip file into your SDcard (save outside the folder).
4. Now, Open command.bat from the folder Lenovo A6000 (Plus)
It should return a screen similar to this:
5. Now type:
adb reboot bootloader
The above command will boot your device into ‘bootloader’ mode. As soon as you enter this command, you would see A Lenovo Logo with small text “Powerkey long press can reboot phone” at the bottom of the screen.
6. Now, type
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
This would replace the stock recovery with TWRP Recovery.
7. Now switch off your device & remove the USB cable. Press & Hold Volume Up + Volume Down + Power button simultaneously.
You will see the TeamWin Recovery in your device:
How to Root Lenovo A6000 / Plus:
1. Select Install zip from TeamWin Recovery and locate the SuperSU.zip file.
2. Swipe to confirm Installation zip.
3. Done! You have successfully rooted your Lenovo A6000 or A6000 Plus
You have successfully installed TWRP Recovery & Rooted your Lenovo A6000 & A6000 Plus. If you are stuck at any step, you can contact us through the comment section or the contact us page.