What’s the latest android phone. There are a variety of variants, and huge numbers of them are as yet running on gadgets today. Staying aware of the most recent variant can be a test, yet worry not we have you secured.
Real Android variants are for the most part discharged once every year (however it wasn’t constantly similar to this), with month to month security refreshes discharged in the middle. Once in a while, Google additionally discharges point refreshes (.1, .2, and so forth.), however those by and large come without consistency. Generally, more critical updates that aren’t exactly as noteworthy as full form discharges warrant a point refresh like the refresh from Android 8.0 to Android 8.1, for instance.
Close by each adaptation of Android is a code name, which numerous individuals use rather than the rendition number. Every one is named after a treat or some other type of dessert, or, in other words fun than whatever else.
A Brief Android Version History
We thought it fitting to give a short rundown of every Android form on the going with code name and discharge date. You know, for culmination.
- Android 1.5, Cupcake: April 27, 2009
- Android 1.6, Donut: September 15, 2009
- Android 2.0-2.1, Eclair: October 26, 2009 (beginning discharge)
- Android 2.2-2.2.3, Froyo: May 20, 2010 (beginning discharge)
- Android 2.3-2.3.7, Gingerbread: December 6, 2010 (beginning discharge)
- Android 3.0-3.2.6, Honeycomb: February 22, 2011 (beginning discharge)
- Android 4.0-4.0.4, Ice Cream Sandwich: October 18, 2011 (starting discharge)
- Android 4.1-4.3.1, Jelly Bean: July 9, 2012 (starting discharge)
- Android 4.4-4.4.4, KitKat: October 31, 2013 (starting discharge)
- Android 5.0-5.1.1, Lollipop: November 12, 2014 (starting discharge)
- Android 6.0-6.0.1, Marshmallow: October 5, 2015 (starting discharge)
- Android 7.0-7.1.2, Nougat: August 22, 2016 (starting discharge)
- Android 8.0-8.1, Oreo: August 21, 2017 (starting discharge)
- Android 9.0, Pie: August 6, 2018
As should be obvious, the refresh framework was with no kind of consistency right off the bat, yet the Ice Cream Sandwich period began the yearly OS form refresh plan.
A couple of other fun notes:
- Honeycomb was the main tablet-particular rendition of Android, and it kept running close by the Gingerbread work for telephones. The different telephone and tablet OSes were then joined beginning with Ice Cream Sandwich.
- Dessert Sandwich was seemingly the most emotional refresh to Android to date. It not just consolidated the tablet and telephone forms of the OS, yet totally updated the look and feel of the framework.
- Google at first discharged designer centered Nexus gadgets to feature every Android variant’s capacity. This in the long run advanced into the buyer centered Pixel gadget line we have today.
- Android KitKat denoted the first run through Google collaborated with a business maker for an Android discharge. They did it again for Android Oreo.
Step by step instructions to Check Your Version of Android
Here’s the fun part about Android: how you discover even the least complex data fluctuates depending not just what rendition of Android your telephone is running, yet additionally who produced the gadget.
In any case, we’ll keep it as straightforward as conceivable here. Simply ahead and open your telephone’s putting menu by pulling down the warning shade, and afterward tapping the machine gear-piece symbol.
From that point, look to the specific base of the menu and tap the “About Phone” passage (it might likewise peruse “About Device”). In the event that your telephone doesn’t have this alternative, it’s most likely running Oreo, which got an entirely sensational Settings upgrade. All things considered, search for the “Framework” alternative.
There ought to be a passage for Android Version once more, contingent upon the gadget and Android form, it might be unique. On Oreo, you can discover the form information under the “Framework Update” area.
Step instructions to Update to the Latest Version
The short answer is likewise a grievous one: you probably won’t have the capacity to.
Android refreshes are first taken care of by the maker of your telephone so Samsung is in charge of its updates, LG handles refreshing its telephone, et cetera. The main updates dealt with by Google itself are for Pixel and Nexus gadgets.
To check whether there’s a refresh accessible for your gadget, head into Settings > About Device > System Updates (or comparative). Once more, this might be in a better place contingent upon your telephone Samsung puts the System Updates choice in the base of the Settings menu, for instance.
Tapping this choice will check for a report on the gadget, however there’s a decent shot it won’t discover anything. When a refresh is accessible for your telephone, it for the most part tells you of that reality, and prompts you to download and introduce it right at that point.
The main surefire approach to ensure you’ll get the most recent rendition of Android is to purchase from the Pixel line. Google refreshes these telephones specifically, and they’re by and large in the know regarding the most recent significant variant and security patches.